Investment - Vol. 1: Capital Theory and Investment Behavior
AbstractThese studies of the cost of capital will inspire and guide policy-makers who share the goal of making the allocation of capital in a market economy more efficient. Volume 1 presents pioneering studies of the cost of capital as a determinant of investment expenditures. The cost of capital summarizes the future consequences of investment essential for current decisions. This concept has become an indispensible tool for studying the dynamics of investment behavior. Both macroeconome tric models and intertemporal general equilibrium models have employed the cost of capital as a determinant of short- and long-term investment expenditures.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by The MIT Press in its series MIT Press Books with number 0262100568 and published in 1996.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://mitpress.mit.edu
investment; capital theory; investment behavior;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G0 - Financial Economics - - General
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jorgenson, Dale W. & Nomura, Koji, 2005.
"The industry origins of Japanese economic growth,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 482-542, December.
- Barnes-Regueiro, Francisco & Leach, Matthew & Ruth, Matthias, 2002. "The Mexican energy sector: integrated dynamic analysis of the natural gas/refining system," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(9), pages 767-779, July.
- Kalatzis, Aquiles Elie Guimarães & Azzoni, Carlos Roberto, 2009. "Investment decisions in troubled times: A Bayesian approach applied to Brazilian firms," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 120(2), pages 595-606, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jake Furbush).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.