International Economic Policy in the 1990s
AbstractThese eight lectures by noted economist William Cline provide a clear and concise account of some of the most important macroeconomic issues facing the world economy. Designed for the nonspecialist but a source of fresh insight for the specialist as well, the lectures synthesize the major trends in international economic policy for the 1990s. Major themes include domestic and international economic stagnation, adjustment to external imbalances, trade policy (including case studies of Japan and NAFTA), the debt crisis, reform in former communist states, the economic future of Europe, and environmental policy. Cline, who has made important contributions to the topics addressed, reviews the forces that have contributed to policy problems and then evaluates the prospects for resolution. He shows how an understanding of economics can help break down many policy problems into simple fundamentals, and how empirical evidence is the acid test of any policy theory. Cline's coverage of many of today's "hot" public policy issues is unique both in its accessibility and in its broadbrush approach to a set of concerns of immediate interest to economists, policymakers, and others concerned with international economic policy.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by The MIT Press in its series MIT Press Books with number 026203221x and published in 1995.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://mitpress.mit.edu
international policy; macroeconomics; trade policy; debt crisis; environmental policy;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E6 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook
- F0 - International Economics - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- William R. Cline, 2008. "Estimating Consistent Fundamental Equilibrium Exchange Rates," Working Paper Series WP08-6, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jake Furbush).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.