Arbeit statt Sozialhilfe
AbstractThe current German system of social assistance undermines work incentives. In this book, the author investigates how they could be restored by wage or income subsidies, or by moving from a welfare to a workfare-based system which would foster the self-sufficiency of its recipients. He also examines the extent to which the U.S. welfare reform may be used as a blueprint for Germany. When this was first attempted in the Leipzig model, it resulted in vertical fiscal externalities. However, in the context of E.U. enlargement, horizontal fiscal externalities might be induced by welfare-induced migration. (Published in German.)
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen in its series Beiträge zur Finanzwissenschaft with number urn:isbn:9783161474644 and published in 2000.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.mohr.de
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:iab:iabzaf:v:38:i:2/3:p:383-395 is not listed on IDEAS
- Meyer, Wolfgang & Gerlach, Knut, 2005. "Zusammenlegung von Arbeitslosen- und Sozialhilfe: Wirkungen auf Löhne, Beschäftigung und gewerkschaftliche Tarifpolitik (The merging of uneployment assistance and social aissistance * effects on wag," Zeitschrift für ArbeitsmarktForschung - Journal for Labour Market Research, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany], vol. 38(2/3), pages 383-395.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Wolpert).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.