NAFTA: An Assessment, Revised Edition
AbstractThe revised edition of this best-selling book was updated to assess the three NAFTA side agreements on labor and the environment signed in September 1993. It also addresses the H. Ross Perot critique that NAFTA will cause the loss of millions of US jobs. The book is a concise but comprehensive assessment of the 2000 page NAFTA agreement and explores the potential impact of the final agreement on trade, investment, and employment in all three countries. It covers all of the major sectors involved, as well as labor market adjustment and environmental issues. The book contains both a detailed spreadsheet summarizing the agreement and a "score card" grading the results. This study will be invaluable for those interested in the intense public debate over NAFTA.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Peterson Institute for International Economics in its series Peterson Institute Press: All Books with number 70 and published in 1993.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jesús Cañas & Roberto Coronado & Robert W. Gilmer & Eduardo Saucedo, 2013.
"The Impact of the Maquiladora Industry on U.S. Border Cities,"
Growth and Change,
Gatton College of Business and Economics, University of Kentucky, vol. 44(3), pages 415-442, 09.
- Jesús Cañas & Roberto Coronado & Robert W. Gilmer & Eduardo Saucedo, 2011. "The impact of the maquiladora industry on U.S. border cities," Working Papers 1107, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Blomström, Magnus & Kokko, Ari, 1997.
"Regional Integration and Foreign Direct Investment,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1659, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Magnus Blomstrom & Ari Kokko, 1997. "Regional Integration and Foreign Direct Investment," NBER Working Papers 6019, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Blomström, Magnus & Kokko, Ari, 1997. "Regional Integration and Foreign Direct Investment," Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 172, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Blomstrom, Magnus & Kokko, Ari, 1997. "Regional integration and foreign direct investment : a conceptual framework and three cases," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1750, The World Bank.
- Ibarra-Yunez, Alejandro, 2003.
"Spaghetti regionalism or strategic foreign trade: some evidence for Mexico,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 567-584, December.
- Alejandro Ibarra-Yunez, 2003. "Spaghetti Regionalism or Strategic Foreign Trade: Some Evidence for Mexico," NBER Working Papers 9692, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peterson Institute webmaster).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.