All about the foreign exchange market in the United States
AbstractThe focus of the book is on the U.S. segment of the global foreign exchange market. Chapters 1-3 describe the structure of the market and how it has changed. Chapters 4-6 comment on the main participant groups and the instruments that are traded. Chapters 7-8 look at foreign exchange trading from a micro, rather than macro, point of view - how an individual bank or other dealing firm sees things. Chapters 9-11 comment on some of the broader issues facing the international monetary system and how governments, central banks, and market participants operate within that system. This is followed by an epilogue, emphasizing that there are many unanswered questions, and that we can expect many further changes in the period ahead, changes that we cannot now easily predict.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Federal Reserve Bank of New York in its series Monograph with number 1998aatfemitu and published in 1998.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Richard H. Clarida, 1999. "G3 Exchange Rate Relationships: A Recap of the Record and a Review of Proposals for Change," NBER Working Papers 7434, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bonpasse, Morrison, 2006. "The Single Global Currency: Common Cents for the World," MPRA Paper 1175, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Evans, Paul & Kim, Bong-Han & Oh, Keun-Yeob, 2008. "Capital mobility in saving and investment: A time-varying coefficients approach," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 806-815, September.
- Christopher J. Neely, 2005.
"An analysis of recent studies of the effect of foreign exchange intervention,"
2005-030, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Christopher J. Neely, 2005. "An analysis of recent studies of the effect of foreign exchange intervention," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Nov, pages 685-718.
- Bonpasse, Morrison, 2009. "The single global currency - common cents for the world (2008 Edition)," MPRA Paper 14756, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Amy Farber).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.