The Rise and Decline of Catching Up Development. An Experience of Russia and Latin America with Implications for Asian 'Tigers'
AbstractThis book deals with the general problems of catching up development, which have been considered through lenses of the concrete cases studies of the former Soviet Union and post-Soviet Russia, Latin American and East Asian countries. The book is subdivided into two parts. In the first part, some general problems of development in the past century are considered and draw attention to the cases of Russia and Latin American countries. The second part is devoted to the NICs of E/SEA.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Entelequia y Grupo Eumed.net (Universidad de Málaga) in its series Entelequia eBooks with number b008 and published in 2008.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.eumed.net/entelequia/
Development; neo-liberal Reforms; globalization; crisis;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- N90 - Economic History - - Regional and Urban History - - - General, International, or Comparative
- O19 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - International Linkages to Development; Role of International Organizations
- O29 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Other
- O54 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Latin America; Caribbean
- P30 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rafael Gómez Sánchez) or (Lisette Villamizar).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.