Formation de l’audience et comportement du consommateur : le cas de la presse sportive périodique
AbstractThe aim of this research project is to conceive a new method of measuring press readership in order to surpass the limits of recent reading, the common method of readership measurement for this type of media. We have begun by designing a conceptual framework for measuring press readership-per-copy focused on consumer behavior and set up so as to classify behavior which is likely to contribute to the shaping of press support readership. This behavior, referred to as end-use decision-making in the literature, is then subject to study, the chosen field of application for empirical study being the French periodical sports press. The results of this study demonstrate in particular that the trend of pass along reading is a generalized phenomenon. They establish the potential of pass along consumption for press titles. The findings further indicate that the probability of reuse of a press title subsequent to its primary consumption is on average about 80%, a statistic which highlights the fact that the collective nature of this consumer behavior is not marginal. Our project has been enhanced with the development of a new research tool which allows for the automated collection of data concerning press readership behavior via cell phone. Finally, to conclude our methodological approach, we have chosen the sample group as a means of observational research and have elaborated a questionnaire tailored to measure the editorial and advertising readership of press consumers.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Paris Dauphine University in its series Economics Thesis from University Paris Dauphine with number 123456789/4389 and published in 2009.
Utilisation des medias; Consommateurs; Audience; Presse sportive;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Spiro, Rosann L, 1983. " Persuasion in Family Decision-Making," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 9(4), pages 393-402, March.
- Mick, David Glen, 1986. " Consumer Research and Semiotics: Exploring the Morphology of Signs, Symbols, and Significance," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 13(2), pages 196-213, September.
- Donato, Paul J., 1996. "Research In A World Of Expanding Media Options: Chicken Or Egg?," Journal of Advertising Research, Cambridge University Press, vol. 36(01), pages 35-42, January.
- Holbrook, Morris B & Hirschman, Elizabeth C, 1982. " The Experiential Aspects of Consumption: Consumer Fantasies, Feelings, and Fun," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 9(2), pages 132-40, September.
- Darpy, Denis & Volle, Pierre, 2003. "Comportements du consommateur : concepts et outils," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/634, Paris Dauphine University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alexandre Faure).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.