AbstractThis highly accessible and innovative text with supporting web site uses Excel (R) to teach the core concepts of econometrics without advanced mathematics. It enables students to use Monte Carlo simulations in order to understand the data generating process and sampling distribution. Intelligent repetition of concrete examples effectively conveys the properties of the ordinary least squares (OLS) estimator and the nature of heteroskedasticity and autocorrelation. Coverage includes omitted variables, binary response models, basic time series, and simultaneous equations. The authors teach students how to construct their own real-world data sets drawn from the internet, which they can analyze with Excel (R) or with other econometric software. The accompanying web site with text support can be found at www.wabash.edu/econometrics.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Cambridge University Press in its series Cambridge Books with number 9780521843195 and published in 2006.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cambridge.org
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sheremenko, Ganna & Escalante, Cesar L. & Florkowski, Wojciech J., 2012. "The Universality of Microfinance Operations Model in Eastern Europe and Central Asia: Financial Sustainability vs. Poverty Outreach," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 123286, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Raghav, Manu & Barreto, Humberto, 2011.
"Understanding and teaching unequal probability of selection,"
32334, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Barreto Humberto & Raghav Manu, 2013. "Understanding and teaching unequal probability of selection," Journal of Econometric Methods, De Gruyter, vol. 2(1), pages 101-112, July.
- Humberto Barreto & Manu Raghav, 2011. "Understanding and Teaching Unequal Probability of Selection," Working Papers 2011-01, DePauw University, Department of Economics and Management.
- Clasen, Christian & Griess, Verena C. & Knoke, Thomas, 2011. "Financial consequences of losing admixed tree species: A new approach to value increased financial risks by ungulate browsing," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 503-511, July.
- Humberto Barreto & Manu Raghav, 2013. "Understanding and Teaching Within-Cluster Correlation in Complex Surveys," Working Papers 2013-02, DePauw University, Department of Economics and Management.
- Sheremenko, Ganna & Escalante, Cesar L. & Florkowski, Wojciech J., 2012. "The Road to Financial Sustainability. Comparative Analysis of Russia and the Caucasus Region," 2012 Annual Meeting, February 4-7, 2012, Birmingham, Alabama 119525, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Jan Vlachý, 2009. "A Valuation Model for Project Standby Capacity," Ekonomika a Management, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2009(4).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ruth Austin).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.