The Structural Econometric Time Series Analysis Approach
AbstractBringing together a collection of previously published work, this 2004 book provides a discussion of major considerations relating to the construction of econometric models that work well to explain economic phenomena, predict future outcomes and be useful for policy-making. Analytical relations between dynamic econometric structural models and empirical time series MVARMA, VAR, transfer function, and univariate ARIMA models are established with important application for model-checking and model construction. The theory and applications of these procedures to a variety of econometric modeling and forecasting problems as well as Bayesian and non-Bayesian testing, shrinkage estimation and forecasting procedures are also presented and applied. Finally, attention is focused on the effects of disaggregation on forecasting precision and the Marshallian Macroeconomic Model that features demand, supply and entry equations for major sectors of economies is analysed and described. This volume will prove invaluable to professionals, academics and students alike.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Cambridge University Press in its series Cambridge Books with number 9780521814072 and published in 2004.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cambridge.org
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cubadda, Gianluca & Hecq, Alain & Palm, Franz C., 2009.
"Studying co-movements in large multivariate data prior to multivariate modelling,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 148(1), pages 25-35, January.
- Gianluca Cubadda & Alain Hecq & Franz C. Palm, 2008. "Studying Co-Movements in Large Multivariate Data Prior to Multivariate Modelling," CEIS Research Paper 125, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 14 Jul 2008.
- repec:ner:maastr:urn:nbn:nl:ui:27-22860 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cubadda, Gianluca & Hecq, Alain & Palm, Franz C., 2007.
"Macro-panels and Reality,"
009, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Jacques Kibambe Ngoie & Arnold Zellner, 2010.
"The Use of a Marshallian Macroeconomic Model for Policy Evaluation: Case of South Africa,"
179, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Ngoie, Jacques Kibambe & Zellner, Arnold, 2012. "The Use Of A Marshallian Macroeconomic Model For Policy Evaluation: Case Of South Africa," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(03), pages 423-448, June.
- Jacques Kibambe & Arnold Zellner, 2010. "The Use Of A Marshallian Macroeconomic Model For Policy Evaluation: Case Of South Africa," Working Papers 201013, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- repec:ner:maastr:urn:nbn:nl:ui:27-22876 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ruth Austin).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.