Trade and Industrial Policy under International Oligopoly
AbstractThe existence of firms with different levels of efficiency within a country plays an important role in this in-depth analysis of industrial and trade policies in a multi-country trade-theoretic framework. Sajal Lahiri and Yoshiyasu Ono examine various industrial policies, R&D subsidies and trade policies under conditions of imperfect competition in a product market created by the presence of Cournot oligopolistic interdependence in production. Trade is defined broadly to include trade in commodity as well as trade in capital, specifically foreign direct investment. While the first part of the book focuses on commodity trade and assumes full employment, the latter considers foreign direct investment and assumes the presence of unemployment. Given the importance of industrial policies and the prevalence of imperfect competition, together with ongoing attention to theoretical issues concerning industrial economics, this research will excite interest amongst researchers, advanced students and policy makers in this field.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Cambridge University Press in its series Cambridge Books with number 9780521770330 and published in 2003.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cambridge.org
Other versions of this item:
- Lahiri,Sajal & Ono,Yoshiyasu, 2007. "Trade and Industrial Policy under International Oligopoly," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521038171, April.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Haiwen Zhou, 2011. "Economic Systems and Economic Growth," Atlantic Economic Journal, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 39(3), pages 217-229, September.
- Yildiz, Halis Murat, 2012.
"Hub and Spoke Trade Agreements under Oligopoly with Asymmetric Costs,"
36501, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 07 Feb 2012.
- Yildiz, Halis Murat, 2011. "Hub and spoke trade agreements under oligopoly with asymmetric costs," MPRA Paper 34964, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- X. Wang & Jingang Zhao, 2009. "On the efficiency of indirect taxes in differentiated oligopolies with asymmetric costs," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 96(3), pages 223-239, April.
- Yoshitomo Ogawa & Yoshiyasu Ono, 2006.
"The Byrd Amendment as Facilitating a Tacit International Business Collusion,"
ISER Discussion Paper
0647, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Yoshitomo Ogawa & Yoshiyasu Ono, 2011. "The Byrd Amendment as Facilitating a Tacit International Business Collusion," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(5), pages 877-893, November.
- Kayalica, Ozgur M. & Espinosa-Ramirez, Rafael S., 2009. "Brotherhood of competition: Foreign Direct Investment and domestic mergers," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 63-69, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ruth Austin).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.