Violence and Social Orders
AbstractAll societies must deal with the possibility of violence, and they do so in different ways. This book integrates the problem of violence into a larger social science and historical framework, showing how economic and political behavior are closely linked.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Cambridge University Press in its series Cambridge Books with number 9780521761734 and published in 2009.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cambridge.org
Other versions of this item:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Matteo Aria & Nicolò Bellanca, 2012. "The Polytheistic Condition: Incomparable Assets and Special Currency," Working Papers - Economics wp2012_20.rdf, Universita' degli Studi di Firenze, Dipartimento di Scienze per l'Economia e l'Impresa.
- Ashby, Nathan J. & Ramos, Miguel A., 2013. "Foreign direct investment and industry response to organized crime: The Mexican case," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 80-91.
- Caruso Raul, 2011. "On the Nature of Peace Economics," Peace Economics, Peace Science, and Public Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 16(2), pages 1-13, January.
- Mary Hallward-Driemeier & Gita Khun-Jush & Lant Pritchett, 2010.
"Deals versus Rules: Policy Implementation Uncertainty and Why Firms Hate It,"
NBER Working Papers
16001, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hallward-Driemeier, Mary & Khun-Jush, Gita & Pritchett, Lant, 2010. "Deals versus rules : policy implementation uncertainty and why firms hate it," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5321, The World Bank.
- Hallward-Driemeier, Mary & Khun-Jush, Gita & Pritchett, Lant, 2010. "Deals Versus Rules: Policy Implementation Uncertainty and Why Firms Hate It," Scholarly Articles 4448884, Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
- Hallward-Driemeier, Mary & Khun-Jush, Gita & Pritchett, Lant, 2010. "Deals versus Rules: Policy Implementation Uncertainty and Why Firms Hate It," Working Paper Series rwp10-027, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Mireille Razafindrakoto & François Roubaud & Jean-Michel Wachsberger, 2013. "Institutions, gouvernance et croissance de long terme à Madagascar : l'enigme et le paradoxe," Working Papers DT/2013/13, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Álvaro Aguirre, 2011. "The Risk of Civil Conflicts as a Determinant of Political Institutions," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 649, Central Bank of Chile.
- Favareto, A. & Abramovay, R. & Do Carmo D´Oliveira, M. & Fábio Diniz, J. & Saes, B., 2011. "Desenvolvimento territorial em uma região do Semi-árido do Nordeste brasileiro – para além das transferências de renda," Working papers 083, Rimisp Latin American Center for Rural Development.
- Sen, Kunal, 2013. "The Political Dynamics of Economic Growth," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 71-86.
- Jan Luiten van Zanden, 2011. "In Good Company: About Agency and Economic Development in Global Perspective," Working Papers 23/2011, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Álvaro Aguirre, 2013. "Rebellions, Technical Change, and the Early Development of Political Institutions in Latin America," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 688, Central Bank of Chile.
- Carl Weizsäcker, 2013. "Der Vorsorge-Albtraum," Wirtschaftsdienst, Springer, vol. 93(1), pages 7-15, January.
- Cervellati, Matteo & Fortunato, Piergiuseppe & Sunde, Uwe, 2014. "Violence during democratization and the quality of democratic institutions," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 226-247.
- Cervellati, Matteo & Fortunato, Piergiuseppe & Sunde, Uwe, 2011.
"Democratization and Civil Liberties: The Role of Violence During the Transition,"
IZA Discussion Papers
5555, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Cervellati, Matteo & Fortunato, Piergiuseppe & Sunde, Uwe, 2011. "Democratization and Civil Liberties: The Role of Violence During the Transition," Economics Working Paper Series 1108, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science.
- Cervellati, Matteo & Fortunato, Piergiuseppe & Sunde, Uwe, 2011. "Democratization and Civil Liberties: The Role of Violence During the Transition," CEPR Discussion Papers 8315, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Brie, Mircea & Polgar, Istvan & Chirodea, Florentina, 2012. "European union. identity, diversity and integration," MPRA Paper 44099, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2012.
- Ramos, Miguel A. & Ashby, Nathan J., 2013. "Heterogeneous firm response to organized crime: Evidence from FDI in Mexico," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 176-194.
- Álvaro Aguirre, 2011. "Contracting Institutions and Economic Growth," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 643, Central Bank of Chile.
- Razafindrakoto, Mireille & Roubaud, François & Wachsberger, Jean-Michel, 2013. "Institutions, gouvernance et croissance de long terme à Madagascar : l'énigme et le paradoxe," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/12014, Paris Dauphine University.
- Jürgen Matthes & Bodo Herzog & Holger Schmieding & Erlei. Mathias, 2012. "Staatsbankrotte, Umschuldungen oder fortgesetzte Hilfen: Wie hoch sind die Kosten dieser Alternativen, und was können sie bewirken?," Ifo Schnelldienst, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 65(07), pages 03-20, 04.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ruth Austin).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.