AbstractThis book was first published in 2000. Historically, the study of international trade and finance has focused on the movements of goods and capital between nations. But as countries are becoming more integrated, the macroeconomic role of national borders is diminished. The approach that researchers have recently adopted to further our understanding of how economic interactions between nations will evolve as national borders decline in importance is to analyze economic interactions within a country (i.e., 'intranational macroeconomics'). This book brings the intranational macroeconomics literature into clearer focus by collecting the strands of research into a common thread. Each chapter attempts to answer the following two questions: First, what contributions do national borders make to our understanding of macroeconomics? Second, how will these contributions change as the world becomes more integrated?
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Cambridge University Press in its series Cambridge Books with number 9780521661638 and published in 2000.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cambridge.org
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- James E. Anderson & Eric van Wincoop, 2001.
"Borders, Trade and Welfare,"
NBER Working Papers
8515, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hepp, Ralf & von Hagen, Jürgen, 2010.
"Interstate risk sharing in Germany: 1970-2006,"
ZEI Working Papers
B 03-2010, ZEI - Center for European Integration Studies, University of Bonn.
- Ralf Hepp & Juergen von Hagen, 2010. "Interstate Risk Sharing in Germany: 1970-2006," Working papers 2010-13, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Hepp, Ralf & von Hagen, Jürgen, 2011. "Interstate Risk Sharing in Germany:1970-2006," CEPR Discussion Papers 8593, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ralf Hepp & JÃ¼rgen von Hagen, 2010. "Interstate Risk Sharing in Germany: 1970-2006," Fordham Economics Discussion Paper Series dp2010-04, Fordham University, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ruth Austin).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.