Public Economics Real Author-Name:Vickrey,William
AbstractNobel Prize winner the late William Vickrey was one of the truly important figures in contemporary economics. Over the past fifty-five years he has published several books and some 140 papers scattered over many journals. This book offers a thoughtful selection from these papers, organised so as to bring out the scope and yet the unity of the work. Vickrey has the unique distinction of having contributed, often seminally and always operationally, to all major branches of public economics. The papers collected here cover social choice and allocation mechanisms, taxation, pricing in public utilities and in urban transportation, urban economics, and macroeconomic policies. Each topic is introduced by one of the four editors, and the book is completed with a full annotated bibliography of Vickrey's work. For the first time, we have convenient access to a set of important, creative and stimulating contributions, which have helped shape the modern field of public economics. This is a fascinating overview of the field and of the life-time work of a great economist.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Cambridge University Press in its series Cambridge Books with number 9780521597630 and published in 1997.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cambridge.org
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- BOADWAY, Robin & LEITE-MONTEIRO, Manuel & MARCHAND, Maurice & PESTIEAU, Pierre, 2001.
"Social insurance and redistribution,"
CORE Discussion Papers
2001041, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Cherchye, Laurens, 1998.
"The measurement of macroeconomic performance: Comparison of DEA-based alternatives,"
Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
urn:hdl:123456789/119286, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Laurens Cherchye, 1998. "The Measurement of Macroeconomic Performance: Comparison of DEA-Based Alternatives," Public Economics Working Paper Series ces9829, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centrum voor Economische Studiën, Working Group Public Economics.
- Laurens Cherchye, 1998. "The Measurement of Macroeconomic Performance: Comparison of DEA-Based Alternatives," Center for Economic Studies - Discussion papers ces9829, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centrum voor Economische Studiën.
- Jorge Iván González, 2006. "Los aportes de Eduardo Wiesner al pensamiento económico colombiano," Revista de Economía Institucional, Universidad Externado de Colombia - Facultad de Economía, vol. 8(14), pages 17-53, January-J.
- Arthur Havenner & Thomas Hazlett & Zhiqiang Leng, 2001. "The Effects of Rate Regulation on Mean Returns and Non-Diversifiable Risk: The Case of Cable Television," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 19(2), pages 149-164, September.
- Robin Boadway, 1998. "Redistributing Smarter: Self-Selection, Targeting and Non-Conventional Policy Instruments," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 24(3), pages 365-369, September.
- Massimo FLORIO & Silvia VIGNETTI, 2003.
"Cost-benefit analysis of infrastructure projects in an enlarged European Union: an incentive-oriented approach,"
Departmental Working Papers
2003-13, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Massimo Florio & Silvia Vignetti, 2003. "Cost-benefit analysis of Infrastructure Projects in an Enlarged European Union: an Incentive-Oriented Approach," Development Working Papers 181, Centro Studi Luca d\'Agliano, University of Milano.
- Massimo Florio, 2003. "Cost-benefit Analysis and Rates of Return of Development Projects: An International Comparison," Development Working Papers 182, Centro Studi Luca d\'Agliano, University of Milano.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ruth Austin).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.