Protectionism and World Welfare
AbstractThis volume addresses highly topical issues at a crucial time in international economic relations. The world has never been closer to dismantling the liberal multilateral trading system which has been painstakingly established and successfully operated since the Second World War. In this volume many of the world's most distinguished economists examine the movement toward protectionism, bilateralism, and regionalism, and its causes, effects, and possible solutions. The contributors are theorists, researchers, and advisors to governments and international organizations who are at the forefront of trade theory, policy, and practice, and whose analyses have a real impact on international trade. By collecting together these analyses in a single volume, this book provides a unique survey for students and scholars of economics, and all those concerned with trade theory and policy in business and government.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Cambridge University Press in its series Cambridge Books with number 9780521424899 and published in 1993.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cambridge.org
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Warwick Mckibbin & Dominick Salvatore, 1995.
"The global economic consequences of the Uruguay Round,"
Open Economies Review,
Springer, vol. 6(2), pages 111-129, April.
- McKibbin, W.J. & Salvatore, D., 1995. "The Global Economic Consequences of the Uruguay Round," Papers 110, Brookings Institution - Working Papers.
- Dominick Salvatore, 2001. "The Problems of Transition, EU Enlargement, and Globalization," Empirica, Springer, vol. 28(2), pages 137-157, June.
- Dominick Salvatore, 1992. "Recent trends in U.S. protectionism," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 3(3), pages 307-321, October.
- Dominick Salvatore, 2010. "Globalisation, International Competitiveness And Growth: Advanced And Emerging Markets, Large And Small Countries," Journal of International Commerce, Economics and Policy (JICEP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 1(01), pages 21-32.
- Dominick Salvatore, 1996. "The European monetary system: Crisis and future," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 7(1), pages 601-623, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ruth Austin).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.