Production Process and Technical Change
AbstractThis book, first published in 1992, attempts to unify the economic analysis of the production process in order to understand the effects of technical change. It is both an analytical representation of the production process, taking into account the temporal, organizational, and qualitative dimensions of production, and a fact-finding model for studying the economic effects of technical change. The inclusion of temporal and organizational aspects allows the author to examine the analytical implications of research on the nature of firms and the characteristics of technical change, whilst the model is used to analyse technical changes that involve variations of scale or degrees of flexibility. This book deals with themes much discussed in research in industrial economics and management studies and is an important contribution to bringing these two areas of research closer together, providing a general framework for the study of production processes.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Cambridge University Press in its series Cambridge Books with number 9780521119733 and published in 2009.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cambridge.org
Other versions of this item:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michael Dietrich & Jackie Krafft, 2011.
"Firm development as an integrated process: with evidence from the General Motors–Fisher Body case,"
Journal of Evolutionary Economics,
Springer, vol. 21(4), pages 665-686, October.
- Michael Dietrich & Jackie Krafft, 2011. "Firm development as an integrated process: with evidence from the General Motors - Fisher Body case," Post-Print hal-00538414, HAL.
- Morroni, Mario, 2014. "Production of commodities by means of processes," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 5-18.
- Michael Dietrich & Jackie Krafft, 2012. "Economics and Theory of the Firm, Chap. 1 of the Handbook on Economics and Theory of the Firm, M. Dietrich and Jackie Krafft (eds), Edward Elgar: Cheltenham, 2012," Post-Print halshs-00742302, HAL.
- Alcorta, Ludovico, 1995. "New Technologies, Scale and Scope, and Location of Production in Developing Countries," UNU-INTECH Discussion Paper Series 02, United Nations University - INTECH.
- Scazzieri, Roberto, 2014. "A structural theory of increasing returns," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 75-88.
- Frances X. Frei & Patrick Harker, 1996. "Measuring the Efficiency of Service Delivery Processes: With Application to Retail Banking Journal of Service Research," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 96-31, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Frances X. Frei & Patrick T. Harker, 1998. "Measuring Aggregate Process Performance Using AHP," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 98-07, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Frances X. Frei & Ravi Kalakota & Leslie M. Marx, 1997. "Process Variation as a Determinant of Service Quality and Bank Performance: Evidence from the Retail Banking Study," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 97-36, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Marengo, Luigi & Dosi, Giovanni, 2005.
"Division of labor, organizational coordination and market mechanisms in collective problem-solving,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 303-326, October.
- Luigi Marengo & Giovanni Dosi, 2003. "Division of Labor, Organizational Coordination and Market Mechanism in Collective Problem-Solving," LEM Papers Series 2003/04, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Andreoni, Antonio, 2014. "Structural learning: Embedding discoveries and the dynamics of production," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 58-74.
- Marini, Giovanni & Pannone, Andrea, 2007. "Capital and capacity utilization revisited: A theory for ICT-assisted production systems," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 231-248, June.
- Jackie Krafft, 2007. "Mario Morroni: Knowledge, scale and transactions in the theory of the firm," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 17(4), pages 517-520, August.
- Pannone, Andrea, 2010. "Production, unemployment and wage flexibility in an ICT-assisted economy: A model," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 219-230, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ruth Austin).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.