Finance and Development
AbstractProgress towards economic and monetary union in Western Europe has highlighted the importance of regional policies, while events in Eastern Europe have focused attention on the role of finance in development and may lead to a substantial diversion of capital flows. This volume from the Centre for Economic Policy Research addresses the relationships between growth, convergence, and capital market imperfections. Theoretical papers shed light on the debates over the role of financial structure in economic development and the scope for government intervention to promote regional development. Highly topical empirical papers examine the relationship between international lending and economic development in a historical perspective; the experience of regional policies in the European Community, and of financial liberalization in high-growth East Asian economies; and the development of financial markets in Eastern Europe.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Cambridge University Press in its series Cambridge Books with number 9780521057561 and published in 2008.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cambridge.org
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Giancarlo Bertocco, 2011. "Global Saving Glut and housing bubble: a critical analysis," Economics and Quantitative Methods qf1112, Department of Economics, University of Insubria.
- Robert Pollin, 2008. "Considerations on Interest Rate Exogeneity," Working Papers wp177, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Ssewanyana, Sarah N. & Kasirye, Ibrahim, 2010. "Food security in Uganda: a dilemma to achieving the millennium development goal," Research Series 113614, Economic Policy Research Centre (EPRC).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ruth Austin).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.