Private Industrial Investment in Pakistan
AbstractThis book examines the behaviour of private industrial investment in Pakistan in the 1960s, in the first half of which it rose at an unprecedented rate, followed by sharp decline, and then stagnation for the rest of the period. The approach adopted is institutional and empirical. The developments studied appeared to be very much the product of the institutional setting of Pakistan, which was different from that of most advanced countries but possibly riot so dissimilar from that in many other developing countries.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Cambridge University Press in its series Cambridge Books with number 9780521053617 and published in 2008.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cambridge.org
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Felipe, Jesus & McCombie, J. S. L. & Naqvi, Kaukab, 2009.
"Is Pakistan’s Growth Rate Balance-of-Payments Constrained? Policies and Implications for Development and Growth,"
ADB Economics Working Paper Series
160, Asian Development Bank.
- Jesus Felipe & J. S. L. McCombie & Kaukab Naqvi, 2010. "Is Pakistan's Growth Rate Balance-of-Payments Constrained? Policies and Implications for Development and Growth," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(4), pages 477-496.
- Akbar Ullah & Ejaz Ghani & Attiya Y. Javed, 2013. "Market Power and Industrial Performance in Pakistan," PIDE-Working Papers 2013:88, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- M. Idrees Khawaja & Sajawal Khan, 2009.
"Reforming Institutions: Where to Begin?,"
2009:50, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Shahid N. Zahid & Muhammad Akbar & Shabbar A. Jaffry, 1992. "Technical Change, Efficiency, and Capital-labour Substitution in Pakistan's Large-scale Manufacturing Sector," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 31(2), pages 165-188.
- Atif Ikram & Syed Ali Asjad Naqvi, 2005. "Family Business Groups and Tunneling Framework : Application and Evidence from Pakistan," Microeconomics Working Papers 22263, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ruth Austin).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.