Introduction to the mechanical and electrical engineering sectors of new EU member states
AbstractThis study was commissioned by the European Commission, Directorate General "Enterprise and Industry" and was completed at the end of 2005. The objective was to investigate the impact of the accession of new member states on the intra-European division of labour and on global competitiveness in the engineering sectors. The research consortium was led by the Ifo Insitute and co-ordinated in the Ifo Department of Industrail Branch Research. Experts from the German associations of engineering industries, GzF/VDMA and ZSG/ZVEI created a data base for the engineering industries of the new member states that is compatible with existing data for the EU-15. The Ifo researchers carried out comprehensive field work in the new member states, collecting qualitative information on the performance of companies and their strategic orientation, with a special focus on the opportunities and problems for their future development in a new framework, in particular under the Acquis Communautaire. All partners co-operated on the analytical parts of the study regarding intra-EU developments as well the competitiveness of the EU-25 in the global economy.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich in its series ifo Beiträge zur Wirtschaftsforschung with number 25 and published in 2006.
Ingenieurwissenschaft; Maschinenbautechnik; EU-Erweiterung; Wettbewerb; Internationale Arbeitsteilung; Außenhandel; Patent; Innovationswettbewerb; Produktivität; Lohnstückkosten;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- L60 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - General
- L84 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Personal, Professional, and Business Services
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Klaus Wohlrabe).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.