A European mechanism for sovereign debt crisis resolution: a proposal
AbstractThis Bruegel Blueprint argues that Europe should take the lead in defining a solution to the problem of excessive public debts and create a European Crisis Resolution Mechanism (ECRM).The authors, Francois Gianviti, Anne O. Krueger, Jean Pisani-Ferry, AndrÃ© Sapir and JÃ¼rgen von Hagen, present the rationale for such a mechanism in the euro area and details of how an ECRM would work. The ECRM would be a permanent tool to deal with sovereign debt crises in an effective and predictable way.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Bruegel in its series Blueprints with number 446 and published in .
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michael Hüther & Christoph Paulus & Kathrin Berensmann, 2010. "Zur Diskussion gestellt: Braucht Europa eine Insolvenzordnung für Staaten?," Ifo Schnelldienst, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 63(23), pages 3-15, December.
- Gelpern, Anna & Gulati, Mitu, 2013. "The wonder-clause," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 367-385.
- Schilirò, Daniele, 2011.
"A new governance for the EMU and the economic policy framework,"
32235, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jul 2011.
- Schilirò, Daniele, 2011. "A new governance for the EMU and the economic policy framework," MPRA Paper 30237, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Larch, Martin & van den Noord, Paul & Jonung, Lars, 2011.
"The Stability and Growth Pact: Lessons from the Great Recession,"
2011:6, Lund University, Department of Economics.
- Larch, Martin & Van den Noord, Paul & Jonung, Lars, 2010. "The stability and growth pact: lessons from the great recession," MPRA Paper 27900, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Martin Larch & Paul van den Noord & Lars Jonung, 2010. "The Stability and Growth Pact: Lessons from the Great Recession," European Economy - Economic Papers 429, Directorate General Economic and Monetary Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Karsten Mause & Friedrich Groeteke, 2012. "New constitutional “debt brakes” for Euroland? A question of institutional complementarity," Constitutional Political Economy, Springer, vol. 23(4), pages 279-301, December.
- Mathieu, Catherine & Sterdyniak, Henri, 2011. "Finances publiques, sorties de crise..," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/12010, Paris Dauphine University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bruegel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.