Chapter 12: USING CONTINGENT VALUATION TO VALUE FOOD SAFETY: A CASE STUDY OF GRAPEFRUIT AND PESTICIDE RESIDUES
AbstractThis book was originally published by Westview Press, Boulder CO, 1995.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Regional Research Project NE-165 Private Strategies, Public Policies, and Food System Performance in its series Valuing Food Safety and Nutrition (1995) with number 25972 and published in 1995.
pesticide residues; grapefruit; contingent valuation; willingness to pay; Food Consumption/Nutrition/Food Safety;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chen, Hsin-Yi & Chern, Wen S., 2002. "Consumer Acceptance Of Genetically Modified Foods," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19758, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Ramon Rosales & Zulma Roa & Gonzalo Rodriguez, 2004. "Estimate of the willing to pay for ecological panela in Colombia: Approach from the Sustainable Consumption," Econometric Society 2004 Australasian Meetings 31, Econometric Society.
- Chern, Wen S. & Chang, Chun-Yu, 2009. "Benefit Evaluation of the Country of Origin Labeling in Taiwan: Results from Auction Experiment," 2009 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, 2009, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 49215, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Blend, Jeffrey R. & van Ravenswaay, Eileen O., 1998. "Consumer Demand For Ecolabeled Apples: Survey Methods And Descriptive Results," Staff Papers 11645, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Cao, Kay & Gibson, John & Scrimgeour, Frank G., 2005. "An Experimental Approach To Estimating Willingess-Topay For Improvements In Food Safety," 2005 Conference (49th), February 9-11, 2005, Coff's Harbour, Australia 137802, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Hearne, Robert R. & Volcan, Mirel, 2002. "The Use Of Choice Experiments To Analyze Consumer Preferences For Organic Produce In Costa Rica," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19851, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Andersson, Henrik & Hammitt, James & SundstrÃ¶m, Kristian, 2011.
"Willingness to pay and QALYs: What can we learn about valuing foodborne risk?,"
LERNA Working Papers
11.21.355, LERNA, University of Toulouse.
- Andersson, Henrik & Hammitt, James & Sundström, Kristian, 2011. "Willingness to pay and QALYs: What can we learn about valuing foodborne risk?," TSE Working Papers 11-272, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Man-Ser Jan & Tsu-Tan Fu & Chung L. Huang, 2005. "Willingness to pay for low-lung-cancer-risk cigarettes in Taiwan," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(1), pages 55-67.
- Goldberg, Isabell & Roosen, Jutta, 2005. "Measuring Consumer Willingness to Pay for a Health Risk Reduction of Salmonellosis and Campylobacteriosis," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24512, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Ragona, Maddalena & Mazzocchi, Mario, 2008. "Impact Evaluation of Food Safety Regulations: A Review of Quantitative Methods," 110th Seminar, February 18-22, 2008, Innsbruck-Igls, Austria 49887, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Ragona, Maddalena & Mazzocchi, Mario, 2008. "Measuring the Impacts of Food Safety Regulations: A Methodological Review," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 43864, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Maria Travisi, Chiara & Nijkamp, Peter & Vindigni, Gabriella, 2006. "Pesticide risk valuation in empirical economics: a comparative approach," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(4), pages 455-474, April.
- Boccaletti, Stefano & Nardella, Michele, 2000. "Consumer Willingness To Pay For Pesticide-Free Fresh Fruit And Vegetables In Italy," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IAMA), vol. 3(03).
- Ngigi, Marther W. & Okello, Julius Juma & Lagerkvist, Carl Johan & Karanja, Nancy & Mburu, John G., 2010. "Assessment of developing-country urban consumers’ willingness to pay for quality of leafy vegetables: The case of middle and high income consumers in Nairobi, Kenya," 2010 AAAE Third Conference/AEASA 48th Conference, September 19-23, 2010, Cape Town, South Africa 96191, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE) & Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA).
- Buzby, Jean C. & Ready, Richard C. & Skees, Jerry R., 1995. "Contingent Valuation In Food Policy Analysis: A Case Study Of A Pesticide-Residue Risk Reduction," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 27(02), December.
- van Ravenswaay, Eileen O. & Hoehn, John P., 1997.
"Approaches To Measuring Consumer Benefits From Food Safety,"
Proceedings: Strategy and Policy in the Food System: Emerging Issues, June 20-21, 1996, Washington, D.C.
25941, Regional Research Project NE-165 Private Strategies, Public Policies, and Food System Performance.
- Eileen O. VAN RAVENSWAAY & John P. HOEHN, 1997. "Approaches To Measuring Consumer Benefits From Food Safety," Department of Resource Economics Regional Research Project 9616, University of Massachusetts.
- Caswell, Julie A., 1998. "Valuing the benefits and costs of improved food safety and nutrition," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 42(4), December.
- Soregaroli, Claudio & Boccaletti, Stefano & Moro, Daniele, 2003. "Consumer's Attitude Towards Labeled and Unlabeled GM Food Products in Italy," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IAMA), vol. 6(02).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.