Water productivity in agriculture: limits and opportunities for improvement
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by International Water Management Institute in its series IWMI Books with number 138054 and published in 2003.
Water resource management; Productivity; Irrigated farming; Crop production; Rice; Salinity; Alkalinity; Plant propagation; Drought; Rain-fed farming; Arid lands; Groundwater; Recharge; Agroforestry; Potatoes; Wheat; GIS; Water deficit; Agricultural and Food Policy; Crop Production/Industries; Environmental Economics and Policy; Farm Management; Health Economics and Policy; Productivity Analysis; Resource /Energy Economics and Policy;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Singh, R. & van Dam, J.C. & Feddes, R.A., 2006. "Water productivity analysis of irrigated crops in Sirsa district, India," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 82(3), pages 253-278, April.
- Dugan, Patrick & Dey, Madan M. & Sugunan, V.V., 2006. "Fisheries and water productivity in tropical river basins: Enhancing food security and livelihoods by managing water for fish," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 80(1-3), pages 262-275, February.
- Zwart, Sander J. & Bastiaanssen, Wim G. M., 2004. "Review of measured crop water productivity values for irrigated wheat, rice, cotton and maize," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 115-133, September.
- Vazifedoust, M. & van Dam, J.C. & Feddes, R.A. & Feizi, M., 2008. "Increasing water productivity of irrigated crops under limited water supply at field scale," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 95(2), pages 89-102, February.
- Sarkar, S. & Biswas, M. & Goswami, S.B. & Bandyopadhyay, P.K., 2010. "Yield and water use efficiency of cauliflower under varying irrigation frequencies and water application methods in Lower Gangetic Plain of India," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 97(10), pages 1655-1662, October.
- Faramarzi, Monireh & Yang, Hong & Schulin, Rainer & Abbaspour, Karim C., 2010. "Modeling wheat yield and crop water productivity in Iran: Implications of agricultural water management for wheat production," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 97(11), pages 1861-1875, November.
- Zwart, Sander J. & Bastiaanssen, Wim G.M., 2007. "SEBAL for detecting spatial variation of water productivity and scope for improvement in eight irrigated wheat systems," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 89(3), pages 287-296, May.
- Timsina, J. & Godwin, D. & Humphreys, E. & Yadvinder-Singh & Bijay-Singh & Kukal, S.S. & Smith, D., 2008. "Evaluation of options for increasing yield and water productivity of wheat in Punjab, India using the DSSAT-CSM-CERES-Wheat model," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 95(9), pages 1099-1110, September.
- Yan, Nana & Wu, Bingfang, 2014. "Integrated spatial–temporal analysis of crop water productivity of winter wheat in Hai Basin," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 133(C), pages 24-33.
- Zwart, Sander J. & Bastiaanssen, Wim G.M. & de Fraiture, Charlotte & Molden, David J., 2010. "WATPRO: A remote sensing based model for mapping water productivity of wheat," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 97(10), pages 1628-1636, October.
- Qadir, M. & Sharma, B.R. & Bruggeman, A. & Choukr-Allah, R. & Karajeh, F., 2007. "Non-conventional water resources and opportunities for water augmentation to achieve food security in water scarce countries," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 2-22, January.
- Zoebl, Dirk, 2006. "Is water productivity a useful concept in agricultural water management?," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 84(3), pages 265-273, August.
- Muthuwatta, L.P. & Rientjes, T.H.M. & Bos, M.G., 2013. "Strategies to increase wheat production in the water scarce Karkheh River Basin, Iran," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 124(C), pages 1-10.
- Nazarifar, M.H. & Kanani, M.H. & Momeni, R., 2012. "Diagnostic Analysis of Spatial and Temporal Variations in Crop Water Productivity: a Regional Scale Analysis of the Rain Fed Wheat," AGRIS on-line Papers in Economics and Informatics, Czech University of Life Sciences Prague, Faculty of Economics and Management, vol. 4(4), December.
- Mukherji, Aditi, 2007. "The energy-irrigation nexus and its impact on groundwater markets in eastern Indo-Gangetic basin: Evidence from West Bengal, India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 6413-6430, December.
- Immerzeel, W.W. & Gaur, A. & Zwart, S.J., 2008. "Integrating remote sensing and a process-based hydrological model to evaluate water use and productivity in a south Indian catchment," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 95(1), pages 11-24, January.
- Liu, Junguo & Williams, Jimmy R. & Zehnder, Alexander J.B. & Yang, Hong, 2007. "GEPIC - modelling wheat yield and crop water productivity with high resolution on a global scale," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 478-493, May.
- Haileslassie, Amare & Peden, Don & Gebreselassie, Solomon & Amede, Tilahun & Descheemaeker, Katrien, 2009. "Livestock water productivity in mixed crop-livestock farming systems of the Blue Nile basin: Assessing variability and prospects for improvement," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 102(1-3), pages 33-40, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.