Lean, Mean and Green ... Designing Farm Support Programs in a New Era
AbstractThis report is the first in a series of reports from the Henry A. Wallace Institute for Alternative Agriculture on Green Support Programs. Green Support Programs, under which farm income support would be provided in return for farmers' provision of environmental protection, reflect a relatively new concept in agricultural policy. This first report provides an overview of the concept, delineates the various critical decisions that must be made in designing a Green Support Program, and explores the implications of and tradeoffs involved in making those decisions. By clearly defining the broad opportunities and limitations of Green Support Programs, it aims to inform the evolving debate about the concept and provide general guidance to those involved in designing, promoting, or evaluating programs that fall in this class .
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Henry A. Wallace Institute for Alternative Agriculture in its series Policy Studies Program Reports with number 134108 and published in 1994.
Contact details of provider:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bruce A. Babcock & John C. Beghin & Michael D. Duffy & Hongli Feng & Brent Hueth & Catherine L. Kling & Lyubov A. Kurkalova & Uwe A. Schneider & Silvia Secchi & Quinn Weninger & Jinhua Zhao, 2001. "Conservation Payments: Challenges in Design and Implementation," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 01-bp34, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Cooper, Joseph C., 2001.
"A Joint Framework for Analysis of Agri-Environmental Payment Programs,"
2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL
20493, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Joseph C. Cooper, 2003. "A Joint Framework for Analysis of Agri-Environmental Payment Programs," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(4), pages 976-987.
- Smith, Katherine R., 0. "Environmental Interests In The 1995 Farm Bill," Increasing Understanding of Public Problems and Policies, Farm Foundation.
- Batie, Sandra S., 1994. "Designing A Successful Voluntary Green Support Program: What Do We Know?," Staff Papers 11824, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Heimlich, Ralph E. & Claassen, Roger, 1998. "Agricultural Conservation Policy At A Crossroads," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 27(1), April.
- Antle, John M. & Capalbo, Susan M. & Mooney, Sian & Elliott, Edward T. & Paustian, Keith H., 2000. "Economics Of Agricultural Soil Carbon Sequestration In The Northern Great Plains," 2000 Annual meeting, July 30-August 2, Tampa, FL 21879, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Batie, Sandra S., 1999. "Green Payments As Foreshadowed By Eqip," Staff Papers 11750, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Lynch, Sarah, 1994. "Designing Green Support Programs," Policy Studies Program Reports, Henry A. Wallace Institute for Alternative Agriculture, number 134111.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.