Customer Relationship Management System in Occupational Safety & Health Companies: Research on Practice and Preliminary Design Solution
AbstractOne of the most prominent contemporary trends in formation of companies is the approach to development of a customer-oriented company. In this matter, various versions related to the intensity of this orientation are differentiated. Customer relationship management (CRM) system is a well-known concept, and its practice is being studied and improved in connection to various sectors. Companies providing services of occupational safety and health (OHS) mainly cooperate with a large number of customers and the quality of this cooperation largely affects the occupational safety and health of employees. Therefore, it is of both scientific and wider social interest to study and improve the relationship of these companies with their customers. This paper investigates the practice of applying CRM in Croatian OHS companies. It identifies the existing conditions and suggests possible improvements in the practice of CRM, based on experts' assessments using analytic hierarchy process evaluation. Universal preliminary design was created as a framework concept for the formation of a typical customer-oriented OHS services company. Preliminary design includes a structural view, which provides more details through system diagrams, and an illustration of main cooperation processes of a company with its customer.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Croatian Interdisciplinary Society Provider Homepage: http://indecs.eu in its journal Interdisciplinary Description of Complex Systems.
Volume (Year): 9 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
customer relationship management; occupational safety and health; design; processes; structure;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J28 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Safety; Job Satisfaction; Related Public Policy
- M14 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - Corporate Culture; Diversity; Social Responsibility
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chowdhury, Sanjib & Miles, Grant, 2006. "Customer-induced uncertainty in predicting organizational design: Empirical evidence challenging the service versus manufacturing dichotomy," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 121-129, January.
- Ko, Eunju & Kim, Sook Hyun & Kim, Myungsoo & Woo, Ji Young, 2008. "Organizational characteristics and the CRM adoption process," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 65-74, January.
- John Mylonakis, 2009. "Customer Relationship Management Functions: A Survey of Greek Bank Customer Satisfaction Perceptions," The IUP Journal of Bank Management, IUP Publications, vol. 0(2), pages 7-31, May.
- Miller, Danny, 2005. "Advantage by design: Competing with opportunity-based organizations," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 48(5), pages 393-407.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Josip Stepanic).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.