A Dynamic Probabilistic Version of the Aoki-Yoshikawa Sectoral Productivity Model
AbstractIn this paper, the authors explore a dynamical version of the Aoki and Yoshikawa model (AYM) for an economy driven by demand. They show that when an appropriate Markovian dynamics is taken into account, the AYM has different equilibrium distributions depending on the form of transition probabilities. In the version of the dynamic AYM presented here, transition probabilities depend on a parameter c tuning the choice of a new sector for workers leaving their sector. The solution of Aoki and Yoshikawa is recovered only in the case c = 0. All the other possible cases give different equilibrium probability distributions, including the Bose-Einstein distribution. --
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Kiel Institute for the World Economy in its journal Economics: The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal.
Volume (Year): 3 (2009)
Issue (Month): 15 ()
Macroeconomics; Markov processes; Markov chains; stochastic models; statistical equilibrium in Economics;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- A12 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Relation of Economics to Other Disciplines
- C50 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - General
- D50 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - General
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- E. Scalas & U. Garibaldi & S. Donadio, 2007.
"Statistical equilibrium in simple exchange games I,"
The European Physical Journal B - Condensed Matter and Complex Systems,
Springer, vol. 60(2), pages 271-272, November.
- E. Scalas & U. Garibaldi & S. Donadio, 2006. "Statistical equilibrium in simple exchange games I," The European Physical Journal B - Condensed Matter and Complex Systems, Springer, vol. 53(2), pages 267-272, 09.
- AOYAMA Hideaki & IYETOMI Hiroshi & YOSHIKAWA Hiroshi, 2012. "Equilibrium Distribution of Labor Productivity," Discussion papers 12041, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Hideaki Aoyama & Hiroshi Iyetomi & Hiroshi Yoshikawa, 2012. "Equilibrium Distribution of Labor Productivity: A Theoretical Model," Papers 1205.2470, arXiv.org.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.