Network orchestration for knowledge mobility: The case of an international innovation community
AbstractThis study aims to increase understanding on how relatively vague aggregations of firms can be directed in a manner that facilitates innovation. In particular, we examine promotion of knowledge mobility as a part of innovation network orchestration. Literature review and a case study of an international innovation community indicate, first, that of prerequisites to knowledge mobility, common language and codification of knowledge are relevant, and, second, that regarding the orchestration activities, maintaining a balance between autonomous flexibility and network direction together with neutrality are needed in order to build common identity and trust required for knowledge mobility. --
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Free University Berlin, Marketing Department in its journal jbm - Journal of Business Market Management.
Volume (Year): 5 (2012)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://jbm-online.net/index.php/jbm/index
knowledge mobility; international; innovation; network; community; case-study;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cantwell, John, 1995. "The Globalisation of Technology: What Remains of the Product Cycle Model?," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(1), pages 155-74, February.
- Johnston, Wesley J. & Lewin, Jeffrey E. & Spekman, Robert E., 1999. "International Industrial Marketing Interactions: Dyadic and Network Perspectives," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 259-271, November.
- Büchel, Bettina & Raub, Steffen, 2002. "Building Knowledge-creating Value Networks," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 587-596, December.
- X Martin & R Salomon, 2003. "Knowledge transfer capacity and its implications for the theory of the multinational corporation," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 34(4), pages 356-373, July.
- Eric von Hippel, 2007. "Horizontal innovation networks—by and for users," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(2), pages 293-315, April.
- Bernard L Simonin, 1999. "Transfer of Marketing Know-How in International Strategic Alliances: An Empirical Investigation of the Role and Antecedents of Knowledge Ambiguity," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 30(3), pages 463-490, September.
- Breschi, Stefano & Malerba, Franco & Orsenigo, Luigi, 2000. "Technological Regimes and Schumpeterian Patterns of Innovation," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(463), pages 388-410, April.
- von Krogh, Georg & Spaeth, Sebastian & Lakhani, Karim R., 2003. "Community, joining, and specialization in open source software innovation: a case study," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(7), pages 1217-1241, July.
- Carlsson, Bo, 2006. "Internationalization of innovation systems: A survey of the literature," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 56-67, February.
- Paola Criscuolo & Rajneesh Narula & Bart Verspagen, 2005. "Role of home and host country innovation systems in r&d internationalisation: a patent citation analysis," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(5), pages 417-433.
- Marion Frenz & Claudia Girardone & Grazia Ietto-Gillies, 2005. "Multinationality Matters in Innovation: The Case of the UK Financial Services," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(1), pages 65-92.
- Manolopoulos, Dimitris & Papanastassiou, Marina & Pearce, Robert, 2005. "Technology sourcing in multinational enterprises and the roles of subsidiaries: An empirical investigation," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 249-267, June.
- von Zedtwitz, Maximilian & Gassmann, Oliver, 2002. "Market versus technology drive in R&D internationalization: four different patterns of managing research and development," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 569-588, May.
- Fabio Montobbio, 2003. "Sectoral patterns of technological activity and export market share dynamics," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(4), pages 523-545, July.
- Tim Mazzarol & Sophie Reboud, 2008. "The Role Of Complementary Actors In The Development Of Innovation In Small Firms," International Journal of Innovation Management (ijim), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 12(02), pages 223-253.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.