The Economic Impacts of Air Transport Liberalization
AbstractAir transport liberalization constitutes a whole new level of globalization. The impacts it brings can be divided into direct, indirect, induced and catalytic. The magnitude of impacts is determined by various factors, including air transport liberalization multiplier, market saturation and the degree of liberalization of other sectors. Airlines profit from increased efficiency derived from economies of scale, economies of scope and density economies. On the demand side, the passengers enjoy better range of available destinations, higher frequency of service and new business models, such as was the entrance of low-cost carriers to the EU market in the second half of the 1990s.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Zagreb in its journal Zagreb International Review of Economics and Business.
Volume (Year): 13 (2010)
Issue (Month): 2 (November)
Postal: Zagreb International Review of Economics and Business, Faculty of Economics and Business, Trg J. F. Kennedy 6, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia.
Other versions of this item:
- Grancay, Martin, 2009. "The economic impacts of air transport liberalization," MPRA Paper 16590, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- L93 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Air Transportation
- L91 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Transportation: General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Forsyth, Peter & King, John & Lyn Rodolfo, Cherry, 2006. "Open Skies in ASEAN," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 143-152.
- repec:ner:ucddub:urn:hdl:10197/121 is not listed on IDEAS
- Button, Kenneth J. & Taylor, Samantha Y, 2000. "International Air Transportation And Economic Development," ERSA conference papers ersa00p483, European Regional Science Association.
- Button, Kenneth & Taylor, Samantha, 2000. "International air transportation and economic development," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 209-222.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jurica Šimurina).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.