Impact of FCI on Economic Growth in Pakistan
AbstractThe Two-Gap Model suggests that the Poor countries have to rely on the foreign capital inflows (FCI) to fill the two Gaps: Import-Export Gap and the Savings-Investment Gap. There are many forms of the foreign capital inflows like FDI (Foreign Direct Investment), External loans & Credit, technical assistance, Project & non-project aid etc. So, UDC (including Pakistan) have to rely on the Foreign aid, foreign Debt FDI and portfolio investments. The role of these external resources (FCI) always remains questionable. This paper analyzes the impact of the foreign capital inflow on GDP Growth in Pakistan during 1975-2004.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Shaheed Zulfikar Ali Bhutto Institute of Science and Technology (SZABIST) in its journal Journal of Independent Studies and Research (JISR).
Volume (Year): 5 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Foreign capital inflows (FCI); Foreign Investment; Economic Growth; Foreign Economic Assistance; Official Development Assistance (ODA); Foreign Direct Investment (FDI). Foreign Debt Burden; Aid and Growth; FCI Effectiveness.;
Other versions of this item:
- Mohey-ud-din, Ghulam, 2006. "Impact of Foreign Capital Inflows (FCI) on Economic Growth in Pakistan [1975-2004]," MPRA Paper 1233, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- A1 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics
- A2 - General Economics and Teaching - - Economic Education and Teaching of Economics
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Leff, Nathaniel H, 1969. "Dependency Rates and Savings Rates," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(5), pages 886-96, December.
- Ghulam Mohey-ud-din (economist) in Wikipedia (English)
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Aslam Parvez Memon) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Aslam Parvez Memon to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.