Divestments in Banking. Preliminary Evidence on the Role of External Factors
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Finance and Management in Warsaw in its journal Contemporary Economics.
Volume (Year): 5 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gleason, Kimberly C. & Mathur, Ike & Singh, Manohar, 2000. "Wealth effects for acquirers and divestors related to foreign divested assets," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 5-20, February.
- Afshar, K. A. & Taffler, R. J. & Sudarsanam, P. S., 1992. "The effect of corporate divestments on shareholder wealth: The UK experience," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 115-135, February.
- Owen, Sian & Yawson, Alfred, 2006. "Domestic or international: Divestitures in Australian multinational corporations," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 282-293, December.
- Man K. Leung & Trevor Young & Michael K. Fung, 2008. "The entry and exit decisions of foreign banks in Hong Kong," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 29(6), pages 503-512.
- Aneta Hryckiewicz & Oskar Kowalewski, 2011. "Why Do Foreign Banks Withdraw from Other Countries?," International Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(1), pages 67-102, 04.
- Denis, David J & Denis, Diane K & Sarin, Atulya, 1997. " Agency Problems, Equity Ownership, and Corporate Diversification," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(1), pages 135-60, March.
- Ahn, Seoungpil & Denis, David J., 2004. "Internal capital markets and investment policy: evidence from corporate spinoffs," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(3), pages 489-516, March.
- Denis, David J. & Kruse, Timothy A., 2000. "Managerial discipline and corporate restructuring following performance declines," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(3), pages 391-424, March.
- Guedes, Jose & Parayre, Roch, 1997. "Managerial reputation and divisional sell-offs: A model and empirical test," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(8), pages 1085-1106, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marcin Staniewski).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.