On new immunization strategies under random shocks on the term structure of interest rates
AbstractWe introduce new measures of immunization such as exponential duration referring, in particular, to Fong and Vasièek , Nawalkha and Chambers , Balbás and Ibánez , and Balbás et al. , but under the assumption of multiple shocks in the term structure of interest rates. These shocks are given by a random field. The cases of a single and multiple liabilities are discussed separately.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wroclaw University of Technology, Institute of Organization and Management in its journal Operations Research and Decisions.
Volume (Year): 1 (2009)
Issue (Month): ()
portfolio; immunization; duration; term structure of interest rates; random field;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chambers, Donald R. & Carleton, Willard T. & McEnally, Richard W., 1988. "Immunizing Default-Free Bond Portfolios with a Duration Vector," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 23(01), pages 89-104, March.
- Fong, H Gifford & Vasicek, Oldrich A, 1984. " A Risk Minimizing Strategy for Portfolio Immunization," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(5), pages 1541-46, December.
- Goldstein, Robert S, 2000. "The Term Structure of Interest Rates as a Random Field," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 13(2), pages 365-84.
- D. P. Kennedy, 1994. "The Term Structure Of Interest Rates As A Gaussian Random Field," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(3), pages 247-258.
- Soto, Gloria M., 2001. "Immunization derived from a polynomial duration vector in the Spanish bond market," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 1037-1057, June.
- Prisman, Eliezer Z. & Shores, Marilyn R., 1988. "Duration measures for specific term structure estimations and applications to bond portfolio immunization," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 493-504, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Piotr Wawrzynowski).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.