A New Educational Model for Criminality Prevention
AbstractSolon said that, in order to be free, a citizen had to study; education was the ground of democracy and in Athens there was no illiterate citizen. The education was both of the body as well as of the soul in a natural continuity... Plato was even aware that in all that there was, there was a core of “dissension” (entropie) that sooner or later led to the fall. He tried to set a fortress model that would minimize the effects of this core of destruction. In the dialogue entitled „Republica”, he pointed out that it was in the power of man to minimize the evil and to build a harmonious fortress that would prevent the destruction. The idea of harmony, which is to be found also in music and mathematics, is extended also to the relations between people.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by West University of Timisoara, Romania, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration in its journal Timisoara Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 3 (2010)
Issue (Month): 3(11) ()
Postal: 16 J. H. Pestalozzi Street, 300115, Timisoara, Romania
Other versions of this item:
- Emilian M. Dobrescu & Tiberiu-Viorel Popescu, 2010. "A New Educational Model For Criminality Prevention," Annales Universitatis Apulensis Series Oeconomica, Faculty of Sciences, "1 Decembrie 1918" University, Alba Iulia, vol. 2(12), pages 2.
- A14 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Sociology of Economics
- I23 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Higher Education; Research Institutions
- K14 - Law and Economics - - Basic Areas of Law - - - Criminal Law
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Emilian M. Dobrescu & Tiberiu-Viorel Popescu, 2011. "The Social Component Of The Community Justice Reform," Annales Universitatis Apulensis Series Oeconomica, Faculty of Sciences, "1 Decembrie 1918" University, Alba Iulia, vol. 1(13), pages 13.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Romeo Margea).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.