Exploring Successful International Human Resource Management: Past, Present, and Future Directions
AbstractToday, approximately 60,000 multinational enterprises (MNEs) employ more than 45 million people worldwide. This is about twice as many as in 1990, and this number is predicted to increase to 75 million people by 2010 (Schuler, 2003). This paper is dedicated to helping develop the understanding and competencies necessary for HR managers to succeed. Additionally, this paper aims to review the most important aspects of International Human Resource Management, (IHRM), such as the development of IHRM, IHRM vs. domestic HRM, successful localization, and talent management in IHRM. Finally this paper discusses issues that are likely to gain importance in the IHRM field in the near future.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by West University of Timisoara, Romania, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration in its journal Timisoara Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 2 (2009)
Issue (Month): 4(8) ()
Postal: 16 J. H. Pestalozzi Street, 300115, Timisoara, Romania
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- A10 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - General
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- J00 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - General - - - General
- J30 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - General
- L33 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Comparison of Public and Private Enterprise and Nonprofit Institutions; Privatization; Contracting Out
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Romeo Margea).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.