Inflow Of Remittances And Private Investment In India
AbstractExamining the impact of remittances on private investment, the study finds that remittances have an adverse impact on private investment and hence is apprehensive about its net positive impact on output growth in India. Therefore, the study suggests that the government policy should be designed toward inducing private sector to allocate more remittances for investments for leveling up the rate of economic growth. Otherwise, a significant proportion of remittances would result in increase in private consumption without desired contributory impact. The study also observes crowding out impact of public sector investment, while openness measure raises private sector investment.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd. in its journal The Singapore Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 57 (2012)
Issue (Month): 01 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.worldscinet.com/ser/ser.shtml
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E22 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Capital; Investment; Capacity
- E43 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Interest Rates: Determination, Term Structure, and Effects
- H62 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Deficit; Surplus
- H63 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Debt; Debt Management; Sovereign Debt
- O11 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tai Tone Lim).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.