The Influence Of Role Models On Entrepreneurial Intentions
AbstractThis study examines the impact of role model activities on potential entrepreneur's desire to own a business. A group of students, whose role model owned a business, were asked to rank the influence on career intentions of twenty specific activities in which role models and potential entrepreneurs might engage. The study looks at the relationship between these activities and the desire to own a business. Role model activities related to involving the respondent in professional activities, employment in the business, and discussions about the business were found to be significantly related with interest in starting a business. The results can be useful to those involved in teaching entrepreneurship courses, owners of businesses who are interested in encouraging entrepreneurship, and providers of assistance who council owners of firms.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd. in its journal Journal of Developmental Entrepreneurship.
Volume (Year): 11 (2006)
Issue (Month): 02 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.worldscinet.com/jde/jde.shtml
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alessandro Arrighetti & Luca Caricati & Fabio Landini & Nadia Monacelli, 2013.
"Explaining entrepreneurial orientation among university students: Evidence from italy,"
1301, c.MET-05 - Centro interuniversitario di Economia Applicata alle Politiche per L'industria, lo Sviluppo locale e l'Internazionalizzazione.
- A. Arrighetti & F. Landini & L. Caricati & N. Monacelli, 2013. "Explaining entrepreneurial orientation among university students: evidence from Italy," Economics Department Working Papers 2013-EP04, Department of Economics, Parma University (Italy).
- Sandra Weber, 2007. "Saving St. James: A case study of farmwomen entrepreneurs," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer, vol. 24(4), pages 425-434, December.
- Niels Bosma & Jolanda Hessels & Veronique Schutjens & Mirjam van Praag & Ingrid Verheul, 2011.
"Entrepreneurship and Role Models,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
11-061/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Niels Bosma & Jolanda Hessels & Veronique Schutjens & Mirjam van Praag & Ingrid Verheul, 2011. "Entrepreneurship and Role Models," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 11-061/3, Tinbergen Institute.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tai Tone Lim).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.