Optimal Trade Execution Under Geometric Brownian Motion In The Almgren And Chriss Framework
AbstractWith an alternative choice of risk criterion, we solve the HJB equation explicitly to find a closed-form solution for the optimal trade execution strategy in the Almgren–Chriss framework assuming the underlying unaffected stock price process is geometric Brownian motion.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd. in its journal International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance.
Volume (Year): 14 (2011)
Issue (Month): 03 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.worldscinet.com/ijtaf/ijtaf.shtml
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Olivier Gu\'eant & Charles-Albert Lehalle, 2012. "General Intensity Shapes in Optimal Liquidation," Papers 1204.0148, arXiv.org, revised Jun 2013.
- Damiano Brigo & Giuseppe Di Graziano, 2013. "Optimal execution comparison across risks and dynamics, with solutions for displaced diffusions," Papers 1304.2942, arXiv.org, revised May 2014.
- Paulwin Graewe & Ulrich Horst & Eric S\'er\'e, 2013. "Smooth solutions to portfolio liquidation problems under price-sensitive market impact," Papers 1309.0474, arXiv.org, revised Dec 2013.
- Somayeh Moazeni & Thomas Coleman & Yuying Li, 2013. "Regularized robust optimization: the optimal portfolio execution case," Computational Optimization and Applications, Springer, vol. 55(2), pages 341-377, June.
- Christopher Lorenz & Alexander Schied, 2013. "Drift dependence of optimal trade execution strategies under transient price impact," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 17(4), pages 743-770, October.
- Florian Kl\"ock & Alexander Schied & Yuemeng Sun, 2012. "Price manipulation in a market impact model with dark pool," Papers 1205.4008, arXiv.org, revised May 2014.
- Olivier Gu\'eant, 2012. "Optimal execution and block trade pricing: a general framework," Papers 1210.6372, arXiv.org, revised Jul 2014.
- Theodoros M. Diasakos, 2011.
"A Simple Characterization of Dynamic Completeness in Continuous Time,"
Carlo Alberto Notebooks
211, Collegio Carlo Alberto.
- Theodoros M. Diasakos, 2012. "A Simple Characterization of Dynamic Completeness in Continuous Time," Discussion Paper Series, Department of Economics 201312, Department of Economics, University of St. Andrews, revised 02 Sep 2013.
- Paulwin Graewe & Ulrich Horst & Jinniao Qiu, 2013. "A Non-Markovian Liquidation Problem and Backward SPDEs with Singular Terminal Conditions," Papers 1309.0461, arXiv.org, revised Mar 2014.
- Mauricio Labadie & Charles-Albert Lehalle, 2010. "Optimal trading algorithms and selfsimilar processes: a p-variation approach," Working Papers hal-00546145, HAL.
- R. Cesari & M. Marzo & P. Zagaglia, 2012.
"Effective Trade Execution,"
wp836, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Cesari, Riccardo & Marzo, Massimiliano & Zagaglia, Paolo, 2012. "Effective Trade Execution," MPRA Paper 39619, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Riccardo Cesari & Massimiliano Marzo & Paolo Zagaglia, 2012. "Effective Trade Execution," Papers 1206.5324, arXiv.org.
- Riccardo Cesari & Massimiliano Marzo & Paolo Zagaglia, 2012. "Effective Trade Execution," Working Paper Series 41_12, The Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Forsyth, P.A. & Kennedy, J.S. & Tse, S.T. & Windcliff, H., 2012. "Optimal trade execution: A mean quadratic variation approach," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 1971-1991.
- Qinghua Li, 2014. "Facilitation and Internalization Optimal Strategy in a Multilateral Trading Context," Papers 1404.7320, arXiv.org.
- M. Alessandra Crisafi & Andrea Macrina, 2014. "Optimal Execution in Lit and Dark Pools," Papers 1405.2023, arXiv.org.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tai Tone Lim).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.