Robust Exponential Hedging And Indifference Valuation
AbstractWe discuss the problem of exponential hedging in the presence of model uncertainty expressed by a set of probability measures. This is a robust utility maximization problem with a contingent claim. We first consider the dual problem which is the minimization of penalized relative entropy over a product set of probability measures, showing the existence and variational characterizations of the solution. These results are applied to the primal problem. Then we consider the robust version of exponential utility indifference valuation, giving the representation of indifference price using a duality result.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd. in its journal International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance.
Volume (Year): 13 (2010)
Issue (Month): 07 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.worldscinet.com/ijtaf/ijtaf.shtml
Other versions of this item:
- Owari, Keita, 2008. "Robust Exponential Hedging and Indifference Valuation," Discussion Papers 2008-09, Graduate School of Economics, Hitotsubashi University.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hernández-Hernández, Daniel & Schied, Alexander, 2007. "A control approach to robust utility maximization with logarithmic utility and time-consistent penalties," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 117(8), pages 980-1000, August.
- Alexander Schied & Ching-Tang Wu, 2005. "Duality theory for optimal investments under model uncertainty," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2005-025, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany, revised Sep 2005.
- Alexander Schied, 2007. "Optimal investments for risk- and ambiguity-averse preferences: a duality approach," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 107-129, January.
- Daniel Hernandez–Hernandez & Alexander Schied, 2005. "Robust Utility Maximization in a Stochastic Factor Model," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2006-007, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany, revised Aug 2006.
- Keita Owari, 2009.
"A Note on Utility Maximization with Unbounded Random Endowment,"
Global COE Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series
gd09-091, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Keita Owari, 2011. "A Note on Utility Maximization with Unbounded Random Endowment," Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, Springer, vol. 18(1), pages 89-103, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tai Tone Lim).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.