Recursive Bayesian Estimation In Forward Price Models Implied By Fair Pricing
AbstractIn this paper we describe a recursive Bayesian algorithm for the estimation of forward price models. The forward price is modeled within the benchmark framework for a forward price volatility function which includes a stochastic variable; a forward price with a liquidly traded maturity. A relationship between the bond price, the spot price and certain forward prices is stated. We set up the stochastic real world dynamics for these discretely compounded market observed forward prices. We propose a dynamic Bayesian estimation algorithm for a Monte Carlo time-discretized version of the resulting forward prices dynamics. The parameter to be estimated is a vector consisting of the forward price volatility parameters and the benchmarked bond price volatility parameters.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd. in its journal International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance.
Volume (Year): 13 (2010)
Issue (Month): 02 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.worldscinet.com/ijtaf/ijtaf.shtml
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ram Bhar & Carl Chiarella & Hing Hung & Wolfgang Runggaldier, 2004. "The Volatility of the Instantaneous Spot Interest Rate Implied by Arbitrage Pricing - A Dynamic Bayesian Approach," Finance 0409002, EconWPA.
- Ram Bhar & Carl Chiarella & Thuy Duong To, 2002. "A Maximum Likelihood Approach to Estimation of Heath-Jarrow-Morton Models," Research Paper Series 80, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Carl Chiarella & Sara Pasquali & Wolfgang Runggaldier, 2001. "On Filtering in Markovian Term Structure Models (An Approximation Approach)," Research Paper Series 65, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Ram Bhar & Carl Chiarella, 1995.
"Interest Rate Futures: Estimation of Volatility Parameters in an Arbitrage-Free Framework,"
Working Paper Series
55, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Ramaprasad Bhar & Carl Chiarella, 1997. "Interest rate futures: estimation of volatility parameters in an arbitrage-free framework," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(4), pages 181-199.
- Chan, K C, et al, 1992.
" An Empirical Comparison of Alternative Models of the Short-Term Interest Rate,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 47(3), pages 1209-27, July.
- Tom Doan, . "RATS programs to replicate CKLS(1992) estimation of interest rate models," Statistical Software Components RTZ00035, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Björk, Tomas & Landen, Camilla, 2000. "On the construction of finite dimensional realizations for nonlinear forward rate models," Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 420, Stockholm School of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tai Tone Lim).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.