Multi-Factor Jump-Diffusion Models Of Electricity Prices
AbstractThe recent deregulation of electricity markets has led to the creation of energy exchanges, where the electricity is freely traded. In this paper, we study the most salient statistical features of electricity prices with a particular attention to the European energy exchanges. These features can be adequately reproduced by the sum-OU model: a model representing the price as a sum of Lévy-driven Ornstein–Uhlenbeck (OU) processes. We present a new method for filtering out the different OU components and develop a statistical procedure for estimating the sum-OU model from data.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd. in its journal International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance.
Volume (Year): 11 (2008)
Issue (Month): 05 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.worldscinet.com/ijtaf/ijtaf.shtml
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- St\'ephane Goutte & Nadia Oudjane & Francesco Russo, 2013. "Variance optimal hedging for continuous time additive processes and applications," Science & Finance (CFM) working paper archive 1302.1965, Science & Finance, Capital Fund Management.
- : Enzo Fanone & Andrea Gamba & Marcel Prokopczuk, 2011.
"The Case of Negative Day-Ahead Electricity Prices,"
wpn11-01, Warwick Business School, Finance Group.
- St\'ephane Goutte & Nadia Oudjane & Francesco Russo, 2009. "Variance Optimal Hedging for continuous time processes with independent increments and applications," Science & Finance (CFM) working paper archive 0912.0372, Science & Finance, Capital Fund Management.
- Carmine De Franco & Peter Tankov & Xavier Warin, 2012. "Numerical methods for the quadratic hedging problem in Markov models with jumps," Science & Finance (CFM) working paper archive 1206.5393, Science & Finance, Capital Fund Management, revised Dec 2013.
- Benth, Fred Espen & Kiesel, Rüdiger & Nazarova, Anna, 2012. "A critical empirical study of three electricity spot price models," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 1589-1616.
- Rafael Mendoza-Arriaga & Vadim Linetsky, 2014. "Time-changed CIR default intensities with two-sided mean-reverting jumps," Science & Finance (CFM) working paper archive 1403.5402, Science & Finance, Capital Fund Management.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tai Tone Lim).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.