Value-At-Risk And Expected Shortfall For Linear Portfolios With Elliptically Distributed Risk Factors
AbstractIn this paper, we generalize the parametric Δ-VaR method from portfolios with normally distributed risk factors to portfolios with elliptically distributed ones. We treat both the expected shortfall and the Value-at-Risk of such portfolios. Special attention is given to the particular case of a multivariate t-distribution.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd. in its journal International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance.
Volume (Year): 08 (2005)
Issue (Month): 05 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.worldscinet.com/ijtaf/ijtaf.shtml
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- SADEFO KAMDEM Jules, 2004. "VaR and ES for Linear Portfolios with mixture of Generalized Laplace Distributed Risk Factors," Risk and Insurance 0406001, EconWPA.
- Jules Sadefo Kamdem, 2012. "VaR and ES for linear portfolios with mixture of generalized Laplace distributions risk factors," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 8(1), pages 123-150, February.
- Jules Sadefo Kamdem, 2011. "Downside Risk And Kappa Index Of Non-Gaussian Portfolio With Lpm," Working Papers hal-00733043, HAL.
- Sadefo Kamdem, J. & Genz, A., 2008. "Approximation of multiple integrals over hyperboloids with application to a quadratic portfolio with options," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(7), pages 3389-3407, March.
- Raymond BRUMMELHUIS & Jules Sadefo-Kamdem, 2009. "Var For Quadratic Portfolio'S With Generalized Laplace Distributed Returns," Working Papers 09-06, LAMETA, Universtiy of Montpellier, revised Jun 2009.
- Birbil, S.I. & Frenk, J.B.G. & Kaynar, B. & N. Nilay, N., 2008. "Risk measures and their applications in asset management," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 2008-14, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- SADEFO KAMDEM Jules, 2004. "VaR and ES for linear Portfolis with mixture of elliptically distributed Risk Factors," GE, Growth, Math methods 0403003, EconWPA.
- SADEFO KAMDEM Jules, 2004. "VaR and ES for linear Portfolios with mixture of elliptically distributed Risk Factors," GE, Growth, Math methods 0403004, EconWPA.
- Sadefo Kamdem, 2011. "Businesses Risks Aggregation with Copula," Journal of Quantitative Economics, The Indian Econometric Society, vol. 9(2), pages 58-72, July.
- Sadefo Kamdem, J., 2010. "Sharp estimates for the CDF of quadratic forms of MPE random vectors," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(8), pages 1755-1771, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tai Tone Lim).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.