Fish Wars With Many Players
AbstractDiscrete-time game-theoretic models related to a bioresource management problem (fish catching) are investigated. There are some players (countries or fishing firms) which harvest the fish stock. Power population's growth function and logarithmic players' profits are considered.We derive the Nash and cooperative equilibria. We construct the characteristic function for cooperative game in two unusual forms and determine the Shapley value and time-consistent imputation distribution procedure [Petrosjan (1977)].We propose the condition which gives an incentive for the players to keep cooperation at each stage and compare it with the "irrational-behavior-profness" condition [Yeung (2006)].We propose the linear programming method to find the time-consistent "rational" solution in C-core. The numerical modelling and the results' comparison were carried out.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd. in its journal International Game Theory Review.
Volume (Year): 12 (2010)
Issue (Month): 04 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.worldscinet.com/igtr/igtr.shtml
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- B4 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology
- C0 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General
- C6 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling
- C7 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory
- D5 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium
- D7 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making
- M2 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Economics
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tai Tone Lim).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.