The Extension Of Dutta–Ray'S Solution To Convex Ntu Games
AbstractThe egalitarian solution for the class of convex TU games was defined by Dutta and Ray  and axiomatized by Dutta 1990. An extension of this solution — the egalitarian split-off set (ESOS) — to the class of non-levelled NTU games is proposed. On the class of TU games it coincides with the egalitarian split-off set [Branzei et al. 2006]. The proposed extension is axiomatized as the maximal (w.r.t. inclusion) solution satisfying consistency à la Hart–Mas-Colell and agreeing with the solution of constrained egalitarianism for arbitrary two-person games. For ordinal convex NTU games the ESOS turns out to be single-valued and contained in the core. The totally cardinal convexity property of NTU games is defined. For the class of ordinal and total cardinal convex NTU games an axiomatic characterization of the Dutta–Ray solution with the help of Peleg consistency is given.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd. in its journal International Game Theory Review.
Volume (Year): 12 (2010)
Issue (Month): 04 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.worldscinet.com/igtr/igtr.shtml
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- B4 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology
- C0 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General
- C6 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling
- C7 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory
- D5 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium
- D7 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making
- M2 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Economics
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tai Tone Lim).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.