Technological Leadership And Sustainable Growth In A Bilateral Trade Model
AbstractThis paper develops a trade model for a technologically leading country and a developing country that exploits a renewable natural resource. Technology diffuses from the technological leader to the developing country through foreign direct investment (FDI). Alternatively, innovative activities can also be carried out in the developing economy. We prove the existence and uniqueness of an equilibrium path along which both countries grow at the same rate, maintaining the natural-resource stock at a constant level. The saddle-point property for this equilibrium is proved and a sensitivity analysis is carried out. The steady-state growth rate and consumption under both scenarios are compared and the effect of resource abundance analyzed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd. in its journal International Game Theory Review.
Volume (Year): 10 (2008)
Issue (Month): 01 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.worldscinet.com/igtr/igtr.shtml
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- B4 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology
- C0 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General
- C6 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling
- C7 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory
- D5 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium
- D7 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making
- M2 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Economics
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tai Tone Lim).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.