Robust Solution Of A Time-Variable Interception Problem: A Cheap Control Approach
AbstractA planar interception problem of a maneuverable target is considered using the linearized kinematic model with variable velocities and first-order dynamics of the interceptor and target. The maneuverabilities of the interceptor and target are assumed to be variable. By using an auxiliary zero-sum linear-quadratic differential game with cheap controls of both players, an interception guidance law, linear with respect to the state vector, is derived. An analytical description of the set of initial positions (capture set) is obtained, from which this guidance law provides zero miss distance, subject to given maneuverabilities of the interceptor and target. A numerical example illustrating the analytical results is presented.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd. in its journal International Game Theory Review.
Volume (Year): 09 (2007)
Issue (Month): 04 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.worldscinet.com/igtr/igtr.shtml
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- B4 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology
- C0 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General
- C6 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling
- C7 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory
- D5 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium
- D7 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making
- M2 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Economics
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tai Tone Lim).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.