The Impact Of Advertising In A Duopoly Game
AbstractWe investigate the impact of advertising in a static differentiated duopoly. First, we consider the Nash equilibrium if firms compete with both prices and advertising. Second, we examine the Nash equilibrium if firms only compete in prices and do not advertise. We characterize the circumstances in which the profit, output, and/or price of each firm is greater (or smaller) with advertising than without advertising.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd. in its journal International Game Theory Review.
Volume (Year): 09 (2007)
Issue (Month): 04 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.worldscinet.com/igtr/igtr.shtml
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- B4 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology
- C0 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General
- C6 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling
- C7 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory
- D5 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium
- D7 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making
- M2 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Economics
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Annamaria Sorato & Bruno Viscolani, 2008. "Modelling smoothly the joint effect of several advertising media on sales in a homogeneous market," Working Papers 176, Department of Applied Mathematics, Università Ca' Foscari Venezia.
- Viscolani, Bruno, 2012. "Pure-strategy Nash equilibria in an advertising game with interference," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 216(3), pages 605-612.
- repec:hal:wpaper:halshs-00564988 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tai Tone Lim).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.