Measuring The Power Of Parties Within Government Coalitions
AbstractThe paper presents a coalition-structure value that is meant to capture outside options of players in a cooperative game. It deviates from the Aumann-Drèze value by violating the null-player axiom. We use this value as a power index and apply it to weighted majority games.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd. in its journal International Game Theory Review.
Volume (Year): 09 (2007)
Issue (Month): 02 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.worldscinet.com/igtr/igtr.shtml
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- B4 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology
- C0 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General
- C6 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling
- C7 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory
- D5 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium
- D7 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making
- M2 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Economics
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tobias Hiller, 2011. "A note on χ-values," International Review of Economics, Springer, vol. 58(4), pages 433-438, December.
- Piolatto, Amedeo, 2008.
"Electoral systems and the distortion of voters' preferences,"
12610, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 08 Jan 2009.
- Piolatto, Amedeo, 2011. "Plurality versus proportional electoral rule: Which is most representative of voters?," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 311-327, June.
- Amedeo Piolatto, 2009. "Plurality versus proportional electoral rule: study of voters' representativeness," Working Papers. Serie AD 2009-14, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Amedeo Piolatto, 2009. "Plurality versus proportional electoral rule: which is most representative of voters?," Working Papers 2009/27, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Tobias Hiller, 2011. "Effizienz und Stabilität von Zweckverbänden," Jahrbuch für Regionalwissenschaft, Springer, vol. 31(1), pages 1-9, June.
- Casajus, André, 2008. "On the stability of coalition structures," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 100(2), pages 271-274, August.
- Andreas Tutic & Stefan Pfau & André Casajus, 2011. "Experiments on bilateral bargaining in markets," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 70(4), pages 529-546, April.
- André Casajus, 2010. "Another characterization of the Owen value without the additivity axiom," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 69(4), pages 523-536, October.
- Casajus, André, 2009. "Outside options, component efficiency, and stability," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 49-61, January.
- Casajus, André & Tutić, Andreas, 2013. "Nash bargaining, Shapley threats, and outside options," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 66(3), pages 262-267.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tai Tone Lim).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.