A Modified Duopoly Game Model In Bulk Commodity Transportation Markets
AbstractIn this paper, we try to analyze the interactions among the shippers and the carriers, including the rail and marine shipping industry, in the bulk shipping market. Our paper presents both a two-player game model, and a two-stage, three-player, game model that includes the buyer as an active player. Assuming the players have complete information, we derive an analytical solution to a two-stage, three-player game with capacity constraints. We also present a numerical algorithm to solve a two-stage, three-player game with complete information. A grain transportation scenario in the Great Lakes and St. Lawrence Seaway is used to illustrate our models. The results suggest that the two-stage, three-player game model has a better prediction capability than the duopoly game model in the bulk shipping competition problem.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd. in its journal International Game Theory Review.
Volume (Year): 09 (2007)
Issue (Month): 02 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.worldscinet.com/igtr/igtr.shtml
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- B4 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology
- C0 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General
- C6 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling
- C7 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory
- D5 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium
- D7 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making
- M2 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Economics
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tai Tone Lim).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.