Weber Polyhedron And Weighted Shapley Values
AbstractIn this paper, we consider the relationship between the Weber set and the Shapley set being the set of all weighted Shapley values of a TU-game. In particular, we propose a new proof for the fact that the Weber set always includes the Shapley set. It is shown that the inclusion mentioned follows directly from the representation theorem for the Weber set, established by Vasil'ev and van der Laan (2002), Siberian Adv. Math., V.12, N2, 97–125. Since the representation theorem applied is formulated in terms of the dividend sharing systems belonging to the so-called Weber polyhedron, we pay strong attention to some monotonicity properties of this polyhedron. Specifically, by making use of induction techniques, a new proof of the strong monotonicity of the Weber d-systems is obtained, and a simplified description of the Weber polyhedron is given.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd. in its journal International Game Theory Review.
Volume (Year): 09 (2007)
Issue (Month): 01 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.worldscinet.com/igtr/igtr.shtml
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- B4 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology
- C0 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General
- C6 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling
- C7 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory
- D5 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium
- D7 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making
- M2 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Economics
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tai Tone Lim).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.