U-CYCLES IN n-PERSON TU-GAMES WITH ONLY 1, n - 1 AND n-PERSON PERMISSIBLE COALITIONS
AbstractIt has been recently proved that the non-existence of certain type of cycles of pre-imputation, fundamental cycles, is equivalent to the balancedness of a TU-games (Cesco (2003)). In some cases, the class of fundamental cycles can be narrowed and still obtain a characterization theorem. In this paper we prove that existence of maximal U-cycles, which are related to a transfer scheme designed for computing a point in the core of a game, is condition necessary and sufficient for a TU-game be non-balanced, provided n - 1 and n-person are the only coalitions with non-zero value. These games are strongly related to games with only 1, n - 1 and n-person permissible coalitions (Maschler (1963)).
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd. in its journal International Game Theory Review.
Volume (Year): 08 (2006)
Issue (Month): 03 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.worldscinet.com/igtr/igtr.shtml
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- B4 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology
- C0 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General
- C6 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling
- C7 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory
- D5 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium
- D7 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making
- M2 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Economics
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cesco, Juan Carlos, 2008. "A general characterization for non-balanced games in terms of U-cycles," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 191(2), pages 409-415, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tai Tone Lim).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.