Computing Equilibria In Stochastic Games Of Intergenerational Equity
AbstractIn this paper we further explore the properties and computational methods of intergenerational equilibrium solutions for a class of multi-generation stochastic games that are inspired by the intergenerational equity issues typically found in cost-benefit analysis for climate change policies. We first extend previous results by showing that discounting over time and over generations yields to an intergenerational equilibrium which is equivalent to the use of a lower discount rate. We then propose a model that encompasses the different formulations proposed before to represent intergenerational equilibria in the presence of selfishness. We propose a numerical method to compute these equilibria and we test it on an adaptation of the DICE94 model proposed by Nordhaus to do cost-benefit analysis of climate policies.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd. in its journal International Game Theory Review.
Volume (Year): 08 (2006)
Issue (Month): 02 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.worldscinet.com/igtr/igtr.shtml
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- B4 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology
- C0 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General
- C6 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling
- C7 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory
- D5 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium
- D7 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making
- M2 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Economics
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tai Tone Lim).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.