Laboratory experiments in corporate and investment finance: a survey
AbstractIn this paper the small but growing field of experimental Corporate and Investment Finance is reviewed. Excluded is the large and influential experimental asset market literature. Topics covered include experimental examination of agency problems, the interaction of risk and information choices, laboratory tests of asset pricing theories, experimental examination of financing and dividend decisions in the presence of asymmetric information between managers and investors and tests of game theoretic models of corporate takeovers. In general, studies that allow interactions among participants are more successful at corroborating Finance theories, emphasizing the importance of markets for communicating information among participants. © 1998 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. in its journal Managerial and Decision Economics.
Volume (Year): 19 (1998)
Issue (Month): 4-5 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/7976
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Klaus Abbink & Bettina Rockenbach, 2006. "Option pricing by students and professional traders: a behavioural investigation," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(6), pages 497-510.
- Mohn, Klaus & Misund, Bård, 2009. "Investment and uncertainty in the international oil and gas industry," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 240-248, March.
- Klaus Mohn & Petter Osmundsen, 2011.
"Asymmetry and uncertainty in capital formation: an application to oil investment,"
Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 43(28), pages 4387-4401.
- Mohn, Klaus & Osmundsen, Petter, 2008. "Asymmetry and uncertainty in capital formation: An application to oil investment," UiS Working Papers in Economics and Finance 2009/13, University of Stavanger.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.