An evaluation of export revenues as determinants of economic growth in the South Pacific island nations
AbstractThe consistently held contention that export performance determines economic growth, particularly in the LDCs, is analysed empirically for the South Pacific island nations (SPINs). Given that there is reasonable evidence on export revenue|GDP linkages, this study is focused on the short-run relationships between exports and GDP, using the most consistent data set available for selected SPINs. Granger causality based on VAR models, forecast error decomposition analysis (FEDA) and impulse response analysis (IRA) were employed for the short-run investigations. Whilst Granger causality gave mixed results, those of FEDA and IRA were quite consistent. Copyright © 1998 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. in its journal Journal of International Development.
Volume (Year): 10 (1998)
Issue (Month): 7 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/5102/home
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ford, Stephen A., 1986. "A Beginner'S Guide To Vector Autoregression," Staff Papers 13527, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Granger, C. W. J., 1988. "Some recent development in a concept of causality," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1-2), pages 199-211.
- Chow, Peter C. Y., 1987. "Causality between export growth and industrial development : Empirial evidence from the NICs," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 55-63, June.
- Hsiao, Cheng, 1979. "Causality tests in econometrics," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 1(4), pages 321-346, November.
- Davide Fiaschi & Andrea Mario Lavezzi, 2011. "Growth Volatility and the Structure of the Economy," Discussion Papers 2011/117, Dipartimento di Economia e Management (DEM), University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy.
- Spruk, Rok, 2011. "Productivity and income convergence in transition: theory and evidence from Central Europe," MPRA Paper 33389, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.